[MLB-WIRELESS] Celetech Special: Sparklan 802.11G AP's

Michael See michael at celetech.com.au
Sun May 8 21:48:16 EST 2005

Hi guys,

Our company Celetech is a small business that focus' on predominantly
networking products, including some wireless items.  Some of you might have
seen us trading at the computer swap meets or might've heard about us
through word of mouth (thanks to those who have passed word around!).  We
were originally going to post this on the TIB but through the advice of some
members and the functionality of the TIB, have decided to email out this
special.  Sorry if this is inappropriate; do let us know and we'll try and
rectify the situation.

We currently have a number of 802.11G access points which we are trying to
liquidate and are running a special to Melbourne Wireless members (only!).
The access points are Sparklan WX-6800-II's.

Take a look at the following site for more information including a picture:
http://www.ferimex.com/en/product.php?SparkLAN_WX-6800-AP

Here is a PDF on the access point:
http://www.telefonselskapet.no/Nettverksprodukter/sparklan/Produktark/WX-680
0_11g_MultiFunction_AP_rev1.1.pdf

            Some interesting things to note about these access points:

* The access points use the same Broadcom chip as the WRT54G (Although only
2MB of flash)

* They happily run from 5V to 16V and hence POE from a 12 V plugpack very
well.

The price on these access points will be $85.00inc.gst which is almost
equivalent to the Minitar Access points that a lot of you prefer.  You're
basically getting an 802.11g access point at the same price as an 802.11b
one!  A tax invoice will be provided and warranty for these items will be 3
months since we're already making a loss.  Pickup is welcome (Doncaster)
otherwise the access points can be dropped off at the next Melbourne
Wireless meeting.

We're currently looking to get rid of as many access points as we can and
can genuinely say that we're selling these AP's at a loss so this offer will
only last as long as we have stock!

The access points are currently being used and tested out by a couple of
members including Dave Nuttall and Tyson Clugg:

Dave is currently running a pair of these access points in a 10km link with
William Taylor and has told me that they're getting a 1mbps rock steady
connection that hasn't missed a beat for over a year!  Throughput on the
10km link is over 70 kilobytes per second with Sparklans whereas the
Minitars struggle to do 50.  Dave is about to establish a 54mbps connection
over a shorter distance and results will be posted up as soon as work on
this begins.

            Tyson trialed a pair of these access points a while ago and when
I managed to talk to him, he told me that they worked very well as a local
access point for household use.  Subsequently, he purchased both of them
from us.

            If you have any specific questions regarding the access points,
email me over at michael at celetech.com.au and I'll try and get in touch with
the people who've tested the access points so that they can provide and
objective view.  Subsequently, email me at the same address to place an
order for one of these access points :)

Kind regards,

Michael See

Sales Director