[MLB-WIRELESS] internet tunnelling between nodes

Rowan Crowe rowan at sensation.net.au
Tue Mar 15 10:50:48 EST 2005

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, Mark Aitken wrote:

> I just feel a move link this is similar to amateur radio operators
> linking VHF/UHF repeaters via the internet
> to other parts of the world when other means are available. (aka
> Echolink/IRLP)
>
> It is /*not*/ really what *wireless* is about is it?

I look at it this way. If you stay strictly wireless only then it's likely
that MW will remain a fragmented bunch of partially interconnected nodes.
Many people who are ready to connect now cannot do so due to basic laws of
physics. Using other resources gets them into the network.

At the moment I think that's the only way I'd be able to join. Do you want
more members?

Cheers.