[MLB-WIRELESS] Internet Access

dawid at bigpond.net.au dawid at bigpond.net.au
Tue Jun 28 14:11:44 EST 2005

As posted in the past, administrator can be paid if only you open your minds to the possibilities. The fundamental issue here is whether to turn MW community into a MW ISP, why is this such a bad thing? As this will grow the MW community to the next level and attract the needed numbers to complete MW ultimate goal.

Benefits
MW ISP, provide simple roaming capabilities for MW community, nothing else changes except that you can browse the net it is still the same community with the same intentions, that is to help the community (those that want to) to learn more about wireless innovations.
The internet didnt take off until there was a foreseen added benefit, and no offence to anyone in the community but not everyone wants to log on to MW and chat about or download porn. Allowing simple access to the internet will attract more attention and grow the community at a substantial rate, meaning that we will ultimately grow the wireless network to be Melbourne Wide. Why because when you are on a wireless connection and you have net access then you have the perception that you have succeeded, the freedom of anywhere anytime access to global information rather than just Joe Blow down the street (no offence). For example im on a wireless connection in Mumbai at the moment and if i only had access to someone else in the community it would be great but not a true benefit. THat is what MW should be all about, 'Freedom of access to information anywhere anytime'.

Negatives
A lot of newbies and wanna be hacks flooding the network and abusing the community.
Admin, lots of it
Countless other issues including regulations.

Solution (+ves)
Admin can be paid, there are many companies and organisations that will support MW and its movement of wireless innovations for the Melbourne community. Even if we have to pay a yearly licence fee this can be covered by community suppport. Why would they support us? Simply we are adding value to the community. Im sure even if we put a pitch together of the benefits for the community and pitch it to local politicians the licence fee may be even be exempt in this case. It would surely give Bracks a brownie point for the community, he hasnt been very community orientated as of late. Pitch to everyone that may gain some benefit from it.
Hardcore RF fans will not like it, but every community grows and with growth comes change. And that is when true innovation occurs.

Gotta cut short the monsoon is here and im going to loose my w-connection.

Just remember everything is possible just think a little bigger and a little more outside your own RF space. Sinmply there is a solution to every problem.

Dav