[MLB-WIRELESS] Internet Access

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at alphalink.com.au
Tue Jun 28 12:59:10 EST 2005

So is Melbourne Wireless a "Community Network" or a "Community ISP" similar
to what APANA once was?

If it's the latter then myself and I'm sure many others bid you all
farewell.

I have an internet connection as does obviously everyone else on this list,
why would I give that up for an underperforming ADSL connection shared with
3 dozen others which I access via a network with 45% down time and shabby
security?

It simply doesn't make financial or practical sense and we've discussed it
many times always with the same result.

There's also the fact that you shouldn't put the cart before the horse.
Where is your community network with DNS, QoS, decent routing, reliable
backbone links, etc?