[MLB-WIRELESS] Got a Minitar and feeling bored?

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at optushome.com.au
Thu Jul 14 00:12:42 EST 2005

At 09:01 PM 7/13/2005, you wrote:

>>OK, the question is what can one do with it then? :)  I have a Minitar
>>which I'm hoping to retire from carrying around with me and put up a
>>pole. :-)  Anything to make it more useful welcome. :)
>
>Well, what do you want to do with it? I's a pretty small device so you
>can't run a lot on it. I have been focusing on making them into routed
>(not bridged) clients to stick on the end of a link. Kind of a dumbed down
>mode of operation, all it needs to be able to do is route between the
>wireless side and the ethernet side and run a frottle client.
>
>The main problem with the released firmware is that is great for an AP but
>as a client you can only have one machine behind it, not really very
>useful when you are trying to connect up a node with more than one machine.

Well, at this stage, not quite what I want to do, but that may change.  I'm
planning on being the AP, since there's none (other than the zillions that
can be wardriven - geeze, almost all networks are insecure here), certainly
no MW stuff.  I have to install another NIC in my firewall box, so I can
have a "wireless" zone with limited access to my network/Internet
(basically only VPNs for me, and maybe SMTP/POP3 access for people I trust
and can pre-register...  And of course, access to the MW site ;)

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com