[MLB-WIRELESS] IP allocations within a node???

Horace Pinker horacepinker at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 28 14:37:45 EST 2005

yes a well configured dhcp server can do that however if the link to the
dhcp server is down (providing it is not a central ap) then things go bad.
Also if using dhcp on an ap it will most likely not be so flexible as to
allow assigning of ip addresses according to mac addys...not to mention what
would happen if a second dhcp server found its way onto the wireless. Just
assign ip's and that way you'll have one less thing to worry about