[MLB-WIRELESS] proposed DNS

Brenton D ivile01 at yahoo.com.au
Fri Feb 25 11:55:08 EST 2005

Might aswell just set the servers without a net
connection to a node that does.
I can mirror them on one of my dns servers.

maybe we can do (compname).fut.mwnode.com? if you have
more than one server.
And just have a wiki page of something that has a list
of all the mwnodes.
--- owner-melbwireless at wireless.org.au
<john at incitegraphics.com.au> wrote:
> it seems that there are already a few naming
conventions put into place

> while I understand that nodes with an active net
connection (or that can
> route to one) can see some of the dns entries -
would it be worth
> setting up a hosts file containing the various dns
information for all
> MW nodes?
>
> This way those who are not linked to an
internet-active dns server can
> still resolve mw nodes accordingly?
>
> It's no big drama to do - and if need be Im happy to
host it and even
> automate updates being sent out to those who require
it.

> This way people can stick with their preferred
naming convention(s) and
> still have all of them contained in a "central"
hosts file that can

majordomo at wireless.org.au
> with "unsubscribe melbwireless" in the body of the
message

=====
Brenton (iViLe)
Access node fut from the web, live stats. http://211.28.235.187:6111