[MLB-WIRELESS] DNS......READ THIS!

John McClumpha john at incitegraphics.com.au
Fri Feb 25 10:12:27 EST 2005

then (as mentioned in another post) you use subdomains...

e.g.    www1.inq.mwnode.com
     www2.inq.mwnode.com
     etc.

OR you run the same services on different (non standard) ports -
although this isn't always an ideal solution

server1 runs httpd on port 80
server2 runs httpd on port 81

I guess you could run the services on a standard port on each server but
route requests for other ports accordingly

e.g.   inq.mwnode.com:80 -> server1 port 80
        inq.mwnode.com:81 -> server2 port 80

p.s. - Ryan... did you notice my naming convention? ;)

with you! Get it on your mobile phone. http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo