[MLB-WIRELESS] ADSL 2

Brenton D ivile01 at yahoo.com.au
Wed Feb 23 21:18:48 EST 2005

Will adsl2 still have shit ping times compared to
cable? I get 12ms ping times to teltra.net, it goes
though 3 linux boxes and 2.5kms of wireless before it
goes out the cable modem.
--- owner-melbwireless at wireless.org.au
<reamo at aubroadband.com> wrote:
> Theres alot of good high end pre-adsl-2 services out
there now
> iinet & primus are rapidly rolling out DSLAMS.
> The new Marconi DSLAMS that primus are rolling out
are pretty good, and
> have ADSL-2 capability
> which will be available in the near future. We're
rolling out 150+ new
> dslams in the next few months,
> so it wont stay limited to CBD for long. I
volunteered the second line
> in my house (in richmond) for testing,
> its 1.09km from the richmond exchange so I'll be
able to get at least
> 6Mbit off it.
>
> Tim Hogard wrote:
>
> >>New Pricing for ADSL 2, selected DSLAMS only for
now but look at the speeds

> >Great... more high speed bandwidth in the CBD and
only in the CBD. They

majordomo at wireless.org.au
> >with "unsubscribe melbwireless" in the body of the
message

Date: 22/02/2005

majordomo at wireless.org.au
> with "unsubscribe melbwireless" in the body of the
message

=====
Brenton (iViLe)
Access node fut from the web, live stats. http://211.28.235.187:6111