[MLB-WIRELESS] DNS for melbwireless network?

Brenton D ivile01 at yahoo.com.au
Wed Feb 23 18:35:01 EST 2005

Well lets make it happen, i have 2 dns servers at home
just caching.
--- owner-melbwireless at wireless.org.au
<john at incitegraphics.com.au> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> some great points raised both in your post and on
the wiki....

> I think the first thing to agree on is a naming
convention - personally
> I think the node.wireless.org.au mentioned at

http://www.melbournewireless.org.au/wiki/?DNSConvention
isn't bad -
> although perhaps a combination of that and also the
> host.suburb.state.country.wlan option - giving you
something like
> node.region.wireless.org.au might work? - e.g.
inq.melbsth.wireless.org.au?

> does anyone know what other states are doing? could
be well worth
> considering - especially if email services etc. are
setup eventually
> with some sort of internet gateway for routing
between states? (takes me
> back to my old bbs days when fidonet gateways were
available through the

majordomo at wireless.org.au
> with "unsubscribe melbwireless" in the body of the
message

=====
Brenton (iViLe)
Access node fut from the web, live stats. http://211.28.235.187:6111