[MLB-WIRELESS] DNS for melbwireless network?

John McClumpha john at incitegraphics.com.au
Wed Feb 23 17:54:31 EST 2005

Hi Dan,

some great points raised both in your post and on the wiki....

I think the first thing to agree on is a naming convention - personally
I think the node.wireless.org.au mentioned at
http://www.melbournewireless.org.au/wiki/?DNSConvention isn't bad -
although perhaps a combination of that and also the
host.suburb.state.country.wlan option - giving you something like
node.region.wireless.org.au might work? - e.g. inq.melbsth.wireless.org.au?

does anyone know what other states are doing? could be well worth
considering - especially if email services etc. are setup eventually
with some sort of internet gateway for routing between states? (takes me
back to my old bbs days when fidonet gateways were available through the
net)

john
node INQ