[MLB-WIRELESS] WRT54GS

Mark Farrell themakr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 23:01:34 EST 2005

This may sound like a stupid question to start of my email, but how do
i tell what version of GS i have? I had a look on the casing and didnt
find anything about a version.

Its not that much of a problem, everything seems to work fine except
for those few little bugs and they only happened when i was playing
around with the firmware to get used to it.

I stuck the GS up in the roof to see if i could get a connection to my
sisters computer in her bungalo but no luck. I have a 19dBi Hills but
no pigtail to suit GS (RP-TNC???) is anyone making these in melbourne
cause i'd like to get my hands on one, or a few.

I'm also a little confused with the two antennae. Do i just connect
the Hills to one of them and leave the other one as is?

Read in the freenet router project page that Dan was going to pull
apart the gs and put it in an enclosure to be mounted on a mast.
Sounds like a brilliant idea but i was wondering how hard it is to do,
also how dangerous it is and how it is done.

I'm on my way to a nice MWrouterproject node.

 P.S. Does someone know where you can buy the enclosures and Senao AP
the will be used in the MWrouterproject. I had a look around on the
net but didnt come up with much.

-Mark