[MLB-WIRELESS] WRT54G

Richard van Orsouw rvo at optusnet.com.au
Tue Feb 8 23:42:53 EST 2005

Can someone shed some light on why my ftp xfers r stalling running over
a link with a couple of wrt54g(s)?

extracted from wiki.....

*2005/02/07 - Note from RvO <http://melbourne.wireless.org.au/wiki/?RvO>
:* I've had a play with a couple of these units running on either end of
1Km link, a wrt54g (sveasoft) and a wrt54gs (openwrt) after a bit of
stuffing around, got em going in bridge mode by issuing "wl wet 1"
(wireless bridging) on the wrt54 running in client/managed mode, didn't
seem to matter whether it was ON on the one running in master/AP mode.
Remember the WAN port not used, just one of the LAN ports. Got a 54M
connection going, but its not realible and stalls, have locked it down
at lower speeds, used different power levels, but as yet hasn't helped.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Both the units r directly
connected to a n/w card in a linux box at each end which uses up 4 ips
on the same subnet, 2 each for the wrts and 2 each for the linux box.

RvO