[MLB-WIRELESS] Rate shaping using HTB and SFQ

Fenn Bailey fenn_b at smktech.com.au
Mon Dec 12 18:56:56 EST 2005

The CLASSIFY target requires kernel level iptables CLASSIFY support.

Assuming you're running a modular kernel, you should be able to see this:
------------------
# lsmod
imq                     1752   2
cls_u32                 4548 154  (autoclean)
ipt_CLASSIFY             896  32  (autoclean)
sch_red                 2496   3  (autoclean)
sch_esfq                3680   7  (autoclean)
sch_htb                18720   4  (autoclean)
ipt_ipp2p               2848   1  (autoclean)
ipt_mark                 448   6  (autoclean)
ipt_CONNMARK             992   2  (autoclean)
ipt_connmark             512   1  (autoclean)
ipt_state                544   9  (autoclean)
eepro100               18092   2
mii                     2352   0  [eepro100]
rtc                     6012   0  (autoclean)

If you're running a custom compiled kernel, you might need to dig up your
config and see if you have CLASSIFY support built in. (Btw, the kernel
listed above is fairly heavily patched/custom which is why it has some odd
things in it like imq, sch_esfq and ipt_ipp2p).

However, from memory, if you didn't have CLASSIFY compiled in, iptables
would moan horribly about having no known CLASSIFY target.

See prev email for other related info :)

	Fenn.