[MLB-WIRELESS] downpipe antenna

Mark Aitken nodegxt at yahoo.com.au
Sat Dec 3 17:32:09 EST 2005

 Hi Guys & Gals,

I am looking at building a drain pipe, downpipe, waveguide antenna (whatever you want to call it).  I have been looking at the various
styles of downpipe that are available.  There are 2 main ones from what I see.  Both have the joining fold on one side, while one is flat on the other
and one has a slight "dimple" along its length.  While I reckon the flat sided one is best, has anyone got ideas of their own on the type of downpipe
best suited?

Does the join adversly affect the performance? I plan on a single sided antenna. (3 actually, set them up like a cellular phone antenna system.)

Any hints, things to look for, anything of interest anyone can tell me prior to stuffing it up for myself :>) would be helpful.

Regards

Mark