[MLB-WIRELESS] The Linksys WRT54G era comes to an end.

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Fri Dec 2 13:23:32 EST 2005

Further to my post on this topic, Linksys has released another model in
the WRT54G series that DOES run linux, and therefore continues the WRT54
hackable project front for projects such as the MWRP (Melbourne Wireless
Router Project).

Details are on Slashdot:
http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/12/01/2326222&tid=193&tid=106

Good to see they've decided to support people like us making their own
firmware distribution to do what we want! Of interest, is that Linksys'
Product Director states that Linux sales represent a few percentage points
of their overall volume. Hopefully, the WRT54 era will be sticking around
for quite some time!