[MLB-WIRELESS] New world record for wifi link (125 Miles).

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at optushome.com.au
Sat Aug 6 08:10:53 EST 2005

At 02:03 AM 8/6/2005, you wrote:
>Mt Macedon to Lake Mountain (about 100k) would be a good start after some
>short range testing.
>
>Also Mt Macedon to Mt Buller or Mt Stirling (about 160k) would be a good
>2nd test if needed.
>
>Can anyone plot these to see if anything is in the way.

We have to be careful about direction, something tells me those two lie
along the main ridge of Mt Macedon, which could cause Fresnel zone issues.

Does anyone have a good (preferably topographic) map we can use to plot
various paths on?

Also, I was going to suggest that this might be a good activity for
Friday's meeting.  Unfortunately, this week is especially bad for me, as
I'm effectively triple booked, and one of those is an annual event I've
been waiting 2 years to participate in (first time in Melbourne).

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com