[MLB-WIRELESS] strange wireless problem with XP Pro

Rowan Crowe rowan at sensation.net.au
Sat Apr 30 00:07:10 EST 2005

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Rowan Crowe wrote:

> I did a tcpdump on the wireless interface on the 'nix gateway, and I can
> see that whilst the XP laptop thinks a connection is closed the other end
> is still sending packets. It's like it never sees certain large packets.

[...]

After fiddling with tcpdump, ifconfig mtu, replacing the Toshiba branded
diver with the generic Intel one, and hunting on Google to no avail I
suddenly realised something: the laptop is fine when it's AC powered. It's
a little on the slow side (~125kbytes/sec) but stable.

One of the driver settings is a "Power Management" slider compromising
between performance and battey saving. Setting it to "Highest" seems to
have cured the problem.....!!!

Now all I need to do is fix this stuck "R" key. On a brand new laptop. >:(

Thanks for everyone's suggestions, and hopefully someday someone will
google this prob and find it in the achives. FWIW it's a Toshiba Satellite
M40 with an integrated Intel 2915ABG wifi module. </googlefood>

Cheers.