[MLB-WIRELESS] topo data mentioned at the last meeting

Andrew Wagstaff auswireless at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 22 10:57:32 EST 2005

The data that Radio Mobile uses has a different datum to the data from both
the Land Channel map and the data on locfinder. This means that the
locations of nodes are out. I have tried this on my node and its about by
about 14" (seconds) latitude and about 2-3" longitude, which in my case puts
me on the other side of a hill.
Radio Mobile has been designed for use with UHF and VHF equipment, so you
need to get all the required setting for the different types of antennas
that we use.

The data that locfinder is using to create the maps is far more accurate, if
only there was a way to put LOS and antenna coverage maps into locfinder. It
would probably require a dedicated server to do all the calculations, I know
how long it takes Radio Mobile to do the calculations.

Regards

Andrew Wagstaff