[MLB-WIRELESS] need to buy soem second hand pc's for a art project

Fenn Bailey fenn_b at smktech.com.au
Thu Apr 7 15:28:06 EST 2005

Hahahah,

Geeez, chill out! Usually I would not respond to such a inflammatory email
but your suspicion and short-sightedness has galvanised me into action.

For a start, if you actually READ the original email regarding rack
cabinets, the price was quite clearly disclaimed with the phrase "I believe"
and secondarily disclaimed that I did not know specifics of the offer and if
it was even available to the public and that I would have to chase up
precise details if people were interested. (Thanks for your disparaging
email on that one too).

Secondarily, my response to your search for a source of ex-corp PC's was in
good faith. I know that suntrom generally have a good range of second hand,
name brand pc's in good condition at (in my opinion) good prices. I'm
terribly sorry that I don't have their entire catalogue memorized at the
moment, so it is theoretically possible they didn't have something that fits
your exact criteria.

You claim that "suntrom's prices are nothing special" - Fine then, I bow to
your superiour knowledge of cheap PC suppliers - Would you possibly care to
enlighten me and the rest of melbwireless as to where these cheaper
suppliers are?

Thirdly - I do not get any "cash rebates" for mentioning any of these deals
(no matter how bad you think they are) to melb wireless. I am a huge
proponent of getting all possibly good deals/sources of hardware out to the
public so people are aware and can pick and choose as they see fit.

If you look back in the past a little bit (though it may have been before
your time), you might remember a little thing called The Incredible Bulk,
which I wrote off my own bat to allow people to get better deals on hardware
independantly.

Ultimately, you can think what you want - But I would ask that you don't
start flaming/insulting people who are attempting to help the group. If you
think their advice is less than ideal, then by all means, constructive
criticism is always a good thing - but childish, ill-thought out, accusatory
attacks really don't help any one.

Perhaps you should ditch this supposed art project and consider a short
course in manners instead. It might just solve your PC problem too.

	Fenn.