[MLB-WIRELESS] OT: Vodaphone GPRS (Mobile Connect) and laptops

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Tue Oct 26 07:08:53 EST 2004

Yes, they do work and have been around for quite some time... They are
also made by Nokia - not sure who makes the vodafone one...

iirc, they're 38.4Kbps, and pretty much work anywhere you can use a phone
(if that cell supports GPRS)...

Apart from the $$$,$$$,$$$ you'll spend per Gb, not too bad - but if you
need access at certain areas, a dialup modem is quicker, and a ton cheaper
-  even if you have to dial STD...

--
Signed,
Steven Haigh

I am root. If you see me laughing, you'd better have a backup.