Fw: [MLB-WIRELESS] GSM data modules - $49 from Rockby

Michael Carey michaelcarey at internode.on.net
Tue Oct 19 07:25:10 EST 2004

This has already been done. A company in Adelaide, Globalsat, is selling
such a unit, called "eziTRACK". They also have Boat and Bike versions too.
It can ring or SMS you when your car moves while the ignition is off, when
various input change level. You can send it a SMS to change a couple of
output lines, eg to kill the ignition. It can also SMS or tell you the cell
name. There is also a function where you can log in to the unit with a PC
and it will then output NMEA data ready to be input into a mapping system so
you can track where you newly stolen car is. It will store track data as
well. They sell them for around $950 +GST. I hope you development costs are
less that this...
Regards,
Michael.