[MLB-WIRELESS] HTTP Password access?

vk3jma at ozemail.com.au vk3jma at ozemail.com.au
Mon Oct 11 22:07:31 EST 2004

Hi ppl,

I would like to have "simple" login/password access to my linux apache web server.

I have found entries in the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file that look like the place, (RH7.0) "AuthName, AuthType, AuthUserFile" and other things but when I remove the "#" and the STOP and START the httpd daemon I get errors like "AuthName not allowed here" with the line number.

Anyone be able to assist with help in setting up such a login system.

Many thanks

Mark

Node GXT