[MLB-WIRELESS] Combining 2 internet conenctions.

Matt Pearce matt at pearceits.com.au
Mon May 17 12:39:44 EST 2004

Tim Hogard wrote:
> One thing to keep in mind is that routing only effects how packets leave
> your system, not how they get back and thats what your paying for.  Nating
> on the outbound interface is the easy way to fix that but it will mess
> with active connections.

I would have thought in this regard that if for instance you send a
request to the BP mirror for an ISO that it would send the data back to
the address requesting it as it wouldnt even be aware of an alternate
paths, unless of course you are spoofing your headers for a different
send/receive address, and in that case I dont think BP would allow you
to download it anyways.

Also if you are using a stateful firewall and its tagging the requests
that go out, it wont allow them back in on a different interface (ie optus)

Matt.