[MLB-WIRELESS] OT: anyone used GPS nav software (Navigator - Turn By Turn)?

Tom Parker tparker at netspace.net.au
Fri May 14 08:09:06 EST 2004

Nath,

I've used the systems that Hertz has in the states a lot (NeverLost).  I
think it is a rebadged Magellan system (not PC based).  They are quite
cool to drive with, but can be a pain in the arse in bad weather if you
have no backup.  They also suffer from lack of statistical knowledge
about what roads are busy at certain times of the day - I've found the
time estimates to be accurate at night but very unreliable at busy times.

I personally don't think you need these things in Australia, our road
systems are just too simple, but it would be fun ;-)

BTW those prices are really nice ;-) pity there is no pocketpc support
included like http://www.maptrax.com.au/fugawi.php.

Cheers,
Tom