[MLB-WIRELESS] SPIRIT Wireless USB Adaptor

John Firth j.firth at cqu.edu.au
Wed May 5 08:45:36 EST 2004

Hi
    I have done this with a galaxy/austar dish and it apperes to work
ok, I used cat 5 to extend the USB but i can only get 12m withouout
proping the power up. If you take the blue plastic case off the board
you will see the rouned end of the circuit board has the 2 strips for
the antenna i simply folowed then till i found the take off point for
the antenna, or you could just solder on where you cut the track for the
origional strips. Then all i did was the normal mod on the dish and
soldered a cable from where I had picked up off the board to the antenna
pcb, mounted the spirit pcb after extending the usb with cat 5 into the
plastic housing aligning the led with the hole that the f conector used
to go through so that you can see the status of it. (the hole has a pice
of glass bonded in it to keep it water proof). I assembled the antenna
and it seems to work ok though I have only tested it over about 1km so
far.

There was no great theory or calculation in all of this, I was only
messing around, but it works, an as for the output there only about
-13db as far as I know

John Firth
John Firth
Central Queensland University
Bundaberg Campus
0418 314 559
The information contained in this electronic mail message is
confidential.
It is only intended for the recipient named in the electronic mail
message.
If you are not the intended recipient any use, disclosure, or copying of

this electronic mail message is unauthorized and prohibited. If you have

received this electronic mail message in error, please notify us so that

arrangements can be made for its deletion.
ITD standard hours of duty Are 8:30am till 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
These hours may change slightly on occasion due to early start
commitments and workload.
Overtime can be arranged on request.
Quote for the day.
"Filthy language does more with less"