[MLB-WIRELESS] my ap needs to be modded and i need help

Andrew Leech a_leech at swin.edu.au
Sat May 1 13:28:15 EST 2004

It basically comes down to openning up the device, desoldering one (both?) built in antenna, mount a plug in the case somewhere and wire it up with appropiate coax to where the original antenna was soldered to the circuit board. I've done this with a usb wireless client device, it had two built in antennas, I only replaced one of them with a pigtail, the second is still connected. It seems to work pretty well. The wireless hardware should automatically select whichever antenna has the best signal, which should be the external antenna.
I'm not too sure if the original, now disconnected antenna should be removed completely, I didn't bother on mine.

Andrew Leech