[MLB-WIRELESS] Bulk Purchase of Superpass Omnis

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 23 20:12:13 EST 2004

Hi all,

Following the recent successful bulk buy of Minitar APs, is anyone
interested in getting in on a bulk buy of 8dBi Superpass
Vertically-Polarised Omnidirectional antennas?

This is the antenna in question:
http://www.superpass.com/SPDG16O.html
The price list on the site lists 5-packs as US $199, so we'd be looking
at about AUS $55 per antenna, not taking freight or customs duty into
account.
If we end up getting them for AUS $80 each I'll be happy.

Does anyone have an idea of what the freight costs and customs duty are
for a 5 pack of antennae?  I have just emailed Superpass to ask them if
they know.

I've also asked Superpass for a price on this antenna:
http://www.superpass.com/SPHSG4O.html
The horizontally polarised 7.5 dBi version.  I'd prefer two of these
myself, but I'll let the majority decide.  I'll go with vertical if a
majority of people want to.  Keep in mind that it'll be less likely that
we can get the numbers for a horizontal bulk-buy as they probably don't
sell them in 5-packs.  The horizontal is probably more expensive too.

I'll take on the responsibility of organising the purchase unless
someone else wants to, and I'll distribute them at a Melbourne Wireless
meeting.

Please reply to me off-list at dflett at bigpond.net.au if you're
interested.  Please state your preference for horizontal or vertical
polarisation, and whether you're willing to go with the majority if your
preference is in the minority.

Please reply on-list if you wish to debate the whole
Omnis-are-the-Devils-tool issue. :)

Cheers,

Dan
dflett at bigpond.net.au
(Taking cover as Ryan A. hisses and spits at me)