[MLB-WIRELESS] practical limit to number of clients on a single 802.11G AP.

O'Brien, Michael Michael.OBrien at logicacmg.com
Mon Mar 1 15:54:47 EST 2004

I am trying to gauge the number of clients that can connect to and use a
single 802.11G AP.

Clients would be normal LAN users. I am not expecting that the actual
bandwidth would be the issue. I am guessing that as the number of clients
increase contention for bandwidth will limit the actual throughput.

Anyone got a feel/real world stats on the number of clients per AP that is
reasonable.  When would you need to move to a second/third AP?

regards,

Michael OBrien
Senior Security Consultant

LogicaCMG