[MLB-WIRELESS] Change of IP Address & Samba?

vk3jma at net2000.com.au vk3jma at net2000.com.au
Mon Mar 1 07:59:34 EST 2004

(Not sure if this made it the first time??? Sorry for the double post if it did)

Hi People,

This weekend, Node GMI and myself (Node GXT) have migrated our respective
systems from the 192.168.0.x range to that that was assigned to us from
Melbourne Wireless, in the 10.10.145.x range.

For ease of migration, we have simply altered IP addresses and retained the
netmask 255.255.255.0 within our own wired lans with the exception of our
AP's which have the netmask of 255.255.255.240, hopefully this will keep
all LAN intended traffic out of the RF link, or so I am lead to believe so???

However I seem to have a problem with network neighbourhood.  My system
consists of several PC's running windows 98 and a Internet gateway computer
running Linux RH7.0.  Before migration I could see all shares on all
computers, windows and linux, and even those shares on NODE GMI's network.

But now I can not see any shares except that of the local machine I use.

Can anybody point me towards ?why? I would loose my shars by a simple ip
address change?

All other tcp/ip services appear to work correctly, pings can be done to
all machines, web & smtp access are available to Node GMI but shares are dead?

Regards

Mark