[MLB-WIRELESS] things

Mark vk3jma at net2000.com.au
Mon Jun 21 20:01:13 EST 2004

Re: Authorizing web connections.

Thanks guys,  I have had a few good replies an re my last post.  I will
follow them up shortly.

Another question.....I am getting adsl shortly and do not wish to disable
my linux gateway that I have
been using so well for so long with dial up using firewall.rc and
ip_forwarding/masq so as my kids can
still have the internet from their pc's via my network.

Now that adsl is coming, I would still like to use the linux gateway's
services, ie firewalling and masquarading.

I know this will mean another network card to plug the adsl modem into but
what simple routing table will be required to pass traffic to and from the
home lan to the network.  I would like to fix a range of ip addresses that
can use the route to the adsl modem as I will still have the wireless lan,
NodeGXT, running and really do not want "strangers" pinching my bandwidth.

I figure if I set routes from all my physcial PC's in the 10.10.145.208/28
range I was give by melbourne wireless, ie, individual machines, this
should protect me some what as a non routed 10.10.x.x ip address will not
go out the adsl port.

But, here lies my question, what format does the routing take between the 2
ports I will have, eth0 & eth1.  ie,  eth0 will be the home/wireless lan
side of things and eth1 will be the DHCPed adsl modem port.

Just a few examples if you can and I can learn from there....

Many thanks

Mark