[MLB-WIRELESS] Bulk Buy: Linksys WRT54G

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 11 13:36:14 EST 2004

Hi All,

I'm thinking of organising a bulk buy of the Linksys WRT54G.

This is the item:

http://www.linksys.com/Products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=35&prid=601

As discussed on this list it runs Linux internally and the source code
for the firmware has been released under the GPL.  There is already a
fair amount of custom firmware and customisable packages that have been
written and are available for download.

Basically, with custom software/firmware these devices allow you to run
a stand-alone routing node without needing a PC as a router.

The cheapest I've seen them consistently advertised (at a real computer
shop) at is $145, and I've seen new ones on eBay at a "Buy It Now" price
of $142.  Soragan Guo says he's seen them advertised for $135 so I'll
aim to get them cheaper than this.

Please reply off-list with your expressions of interest to

dflett_at_bigpond_dot_net_dot_au

When I have a reasonable number of interested parties I will shop around
for a price.

Also, any vendors may reply to the above address, off-list, with their
best price. :)

Cheers,

Dan