[MLB-WIRELESS] OT: Syringes in Melbourne Warning

Clae clae at tpg.com.au
Fri Jun 11 09:52:05 EST 2004

GHAAAH

Truly ancient internet urban legend

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/mayhem/gaspump.htm

"a theatre"  "a person" no dates, we don't have a "Disease Control
Centre" (probably adapted from the American CDC in the original) -
these things alone should tip you off.  If not there's always snopes
or urbanlegends.com

And pity the poor guy at the Red Cross whose number and email address
are being given out - who did he piss off?

Clae.

--
"Australian history ... does not read like history, but like the most
beautiful lies..." ( Mark Twain, 1897 )