[MLB-WIRELESS] Invitation: ICT Rights - Australian Civil Society Portal

TSwireless wireless at toysatellite.org
Thu Jun 10 15:26:50 EST 2004

Dear friends,

I am writing to invite your participation in a new project from c2o
and Toy Satellite aimed at the provision of an Australian ICT policy
and Internet rights portal for civil society.

APC.au ICT Rights, is one of ten international sites created in
collaboration with the Association for Progressive Communications
(APC). The project was initiated through a grant from the Canadian
International Development Agency to support civil society involvement
in ICT policy processes.

ICT Rights is not meant to distract nor detract from existing
initiatives. It is more about an attempt to both inform each other as
well as the broader community from both a policy and cultural
perspective. It is also a vehicle for the work of the APC to be more
broadly accessible in Australia.

We invite discussion on the project as we will be seeking
contributions towards what we hope can be a useful if not necessary
tool as new laws, legislation and policy evolves within our
organisations, state and federal agencies and associated institutions.

There is a great deal of invaluable research available in this field.
We look forward to enabling this work to be more widely known and
where applicable, prepare for broader participation of civil society
in the next phase of the World Summit on the Information Society.

http://rights.apc.org.au/

Please note APC.au ICT Rights is a work in progress. We look to your
support, recommendations and contributions.

Andrew Garton
Managing Director – APC.au (c2o/Toy Satellite)
agarton at toysatellite.org

What is APC.au?

APC.au Ltd was founded in 1997 to undertake the work of the
international Association for Progressive Communications (APC) in
Australia.

It began by establishing the web hosting service, Community
Communications Online (c2o) <http://www.c2o.org> and in 2001 acquired
the interdisciplinary arts group, Toy Satellite
<http://www.toysatellite.org>.

APC.au was founded by former Pegasus Networks management staff, Paul
Wilson and Bruce Morrison. It is managed and administered by its
present Board of Directors – Andrew Garton, Justina Curtis and Grant
McHerron.