[MLB-WIRELESS] All quiet on the Wireless front....

Andrew Leech a_leech at swin.edu.au
Sat Jul 3 15:57:06 EST 2004

Yeah, you'd be crazy to stick to the stock linksys firmware, it's so incredibly limited compared to 3rd party ones, especially sveasoft. For those who don't really know it, the sveasoft one is used exactly the same as the stock one, they've got the same web interface and everything, it's just got many more capabilities.

I've just got my hands on a copy of the source for the latest non-public release of sveasoft firmware and having a bit of fun compiling up a few slightly customised firmwares for it....first thing for me is to get nfs client running so can mount a share from my main linux server, and I'm trying to build one with a hacked wireless driver that supposedly might help for longer links, although it's not certain it's working right.

If anyone's interested in having a copy of the firmware with their own default settings compiled into it they're more than welcome to contact me. Once I've compiled it the first time, it only takes about 2 minutes to recompile with a new default's file.

Andrew Leech (CoronaFire)