[MLB-WIRELESS] No digital for new radio amateurs

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at optushome.com.au
Mon Jul 12 12:05:09 EST 2004

At 11:08 AM 12/07/2004, Paul James wrote:

>Maybe I have missed something, but for the ISM eg 915Mhz, 2.4 and 5Ghz
>bands they can already use them for digital transmission, as can anyone,
>as long as you don't exceed the max power allowed by the ACA .

True.  Maybe the new amateur licence will be another way network
experimenters can liaise without facing the brain dead morons that inhabit
UHF CB repeaters in populated areas.   This might be useful on longer
links.  Besides, why should the mobile carriers make their profits from our
needs? :)

As MW grows, we may need to check performance across a wider area,
especially as new links come online.  There are many potential uses in here
for the new licence. :-)

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com