[MLB-WIRELESS] Revisit: SVEC <--> Dlink DWL900AP+

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Tue Jan 13 09:13:54 EST 2004

Have you tried contacting DLink about it? see if they have any clues?

vk3jma at net2000.com.au wrote:
> Hi People,
>
> A few weeks ago I asked the question on why my link to GMI would appesar to die
> every now and again.
>
> Since then, we have improved signals to the low 70's dbm (76 to 72 dbm, depends
> on how I hold my toung!!)  Anyway,  that was one of the suggestions, to make
> sure signal levels where good, which they are.
>
> Another was to use a SVEC to SVEC link to see if it still did it, have not yet
> done that but will look into it asap.
>
> My DWL-650 card in my laptop will hold the link for hours and hours and hours
> even when streaming netmeeting video across it without once sign of faulting.
> Yet, the AP900+ will go into a Associate, disassociate flip flop about every 10
> minutes for about 10 mintues then stabilise till the next time.
>
> Before I go and placed the borrowed SVEC I have up into the box at the back of
> the dish I would ask if this looks like a protocol problem, a know problem or
> murphy playing funny buggers, or whatever?
>
> It is driving both GMI and myself crazy.
>
> Thanks for any further assistance you can offer.
>
> Regards
>
> Mark
>
> PS...anyone want to swap an SVEC for a DLINK?

Signed,
Steven Haigh
http://wireless.org.au
(Visit https://wireless.org.au to install our Root Certificate.)

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.
We have enough youth. What we need is a fountain of smart.
I am root. If you see me laughing, you better have a backup.