[MLB-WIRELESS] Minitar AP capabilites...

Steve Smithies steve42 at gmx.net
Fri Feb 20 18:17:47 EST 2004

D> Just wondering if anyone knows how good the client mode of the Minitar
D> AP is?  Is it good at associating with non-Minitar APs?

I have a Minitar AP acting as a client to a linksys WAP54G access
point (running standard linksys firmware), with 64bit WEP encryption
enabled.

It works well, though was having an unpredictable random lockup every
couple of weeks until I upgraded to the latest minitar firmware.
Since then, it has been running perfectly.

The only thing not "good" about client mode on the Minitar is that you
specificy which AP to associate with by its SSID, rather than MAC
address as with other brand APs (e.g. DLink900AP+). I imagine it'd be
easy(ish) to hijack the connection by setting up a stronger signal AP
with the same SSID.

Steve.