[MLB-WIRELESS] Antenna suggestions

Craig Mead craig.mead at pagesmith.com.au
Fri Feb 20 08:44:44 EST 2004

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for suggestions for an antenna for a site where difficult
> access will make precise aiming tricky, and may be subject to drift.
> A 30 degree sector might be good.  Any indications on gain or range
> would be helpful.
>
> Clae.

Clae,

This was posted to the Syd-Wireless list a month or two back. Know a few
people who grabbed some and are quite happy. Current termination is all but
useless for most cards, but just get it recrimped with RP-SMA.

<quote>

Dear all,
I have just received some more of the patch antennas I advertised last week
(~40).

Following are the details.

These antennas are being sold by the Manly Warringah Radio Society Inc
<http://www.mwrs.org.au> as a fundraiser for a new repeater controller.

2.4GHz Patch Antenna:

Dimensions:
 W-130mm H-105mm D-24mm
 Weight: 305g (inc cable)
 Gain: 6.5dBi
 Polarization: Linear
 Radiation Pattern: unidirectional
 Bandwidth: 430 MHz
 Beam width: 68 Degrees
 Centre Frequency: 2.45GHz

Cable:
 Connected by 2.4 meters of low loss coax DBRF195
<http://www.drakausa.com/pdfsHHT/CXBB195.PDF> .
 Cable is terminated with Male SMA connector.

Case:
 Waterproof, Grey Plastic.
 5mm holes in each corner for mounting screws.
 Rear of antenna is flat allowing adhesive mounting.

Notes:
Units have been removed from service. They are physically undamaged and
(apart from sticky tape residue on the case) are in good condition.

Cost:
 1 x $20 + $5 P&P
 2-4 x $20ea + $10 P&P
 Bulk orders accepted, P&P will be quoted seperatly.

Payment by Direct Deposit.

Availability:
 Quantities are limited. First in, first served.
 Orders are accepted by email.
 Delivery by Australia Post within Australia only.

To order, please see http://members.optushome.com.au/~a4x4kiwi/antenna/ for
purchase details.

If you know of any other wireless groups that may be interested, please feel
free to pass this messagge on.

Thanks and regards,

Mal.

For account administration (such as removing yourself from the mailing list
and changing your email address)

Proudly supported by http://AustWireless.com

</quote>