[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: Soekris boards

Nick Sibbing nick.sibbing at arts.monash.edu.au
Tue Feb 17 17:24:07 EST 2004

Jamie Moir wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Nick Sibbing wrote:
>isn't it better to have 3 wireless cards in the box?
>
> No, its better to have 3 wireless cards than say 4. The implication is
> that you can then have up to 3 without overlap.
>
> > My assumptions (that I'm happy to be corrected on) are 11 channels lets
> > you have 3 non overlapping channels. One link in one link out and one
> > for the local area (eg omni) is the perfect setup?
>
> Id just use a boring ap for a boring AP's job personally. I cant see the
> point of aggregating your home network onto the same box.

Sorry that might have been ambiguous. I meant "local area"
geographically as in plain (non backbone) nodes within 2-3 kms of my
node, not as in "local area network" But if I understand correctly then
you could have a couple of wireless cards in this box and get the
desirable 3rd channel with an ordinary ap?

Regards Nick Sibbing