[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: Soekris boards

Nick Sibbing nick.sibbing at arts.monash.edu.au
Tue Feb 17 12:25:25 EST 2004

Jamie Moir wrote:

> > Can you run HostAP on either or both of these MiniPCI cards?   Or would
> > it be better to run a separate AP?
>
> That would be one of the desired goals, with two MiniPCI you can both run
> hostAP and have a P2P, or client, link to another node.

Gday All
This might be another ignorant question but from network design
principles isn't it better to have 3 wireless cards in the box.

My assumptions (that I'm happy to be corrected on) are 11 channels lets
you have 3 non overlapping channels. One link in one link out and one
for the local area (eg omni) is the perfect setup?

Maybe you clever blokes have already worked this out but affordable
hardware just isn't available yet for this?

Other than I'm learning that MiniPCI is  "beautiful thing"

Regards Nick