[MLB-WIRELESS] Enterasys card hanging new windows 2000 server install.

Winder winder at iinet.net.au
Sun Feb 15 20:05:15 EST 2004

Hey Tom,

 I've been told that Windows 2000 server does not support wireless cards and
checking in the supported hardware section on the microsoft web site, I can
find no listing for the card. So, I too have gone back to plain old windows
2000 pro.

 With 2000 Pro, I had the same issue with tring to install the drivers when
the driver would not list any cards to chose from when I went to add new
hardware, have disk blah blah blah. However I managed to get around it by
sticking the card in (and crossing my fingers that it did not freeze) and
getting it to load the MS cabletron drivers. One they were installed, I had
to go and update the drivers and this time the cards were listed. Had to do
this twice as the first time the box just rebooted. 2nd time worked like a
charm.

Might need a PCI card instead of a PCI to PCMCIA adapter etc, and with any
luck that would work. I might be able to give that a try sometime soon.
Cheers.

Regards,
g at z.