[MLB-WIRELESS] Visited by Wardrivers?

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 8 13:10:27 EST 2004

This is not a bad thing is it?  Did they do anything more than browse?
Wardrivers are more than welcome to browse the daylights out of my website.
On the Melbourne Wireless network I bellieve it's more or less expected that
anyone who connects to your or any other node will browse everything you
have publicly online.  And you can probably expect to be thouroughly
port-scanned too.  If someone scans my node all I ask is that they tell me
if they find any vulnerabilities.

At the moment I have three addresses that my DHCP server hands out to anyone
who connects to my AP.  My firewall (Shorewall) redirects all non-10.10.x.x
requests to port 80 to my Node's website.  Anyone looking for free WWW
instead gets a free introduction to Melbourne Wireless. :)

Are other people doing similar things with their nodes?  If so, how?

Dan