[MLB-WIRELESS] MelbourneWireless Router Project

David Ashburner d_ashburner at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 30 14:44:04 EST 2004

>802.11a/b AP's prices seem to be dropping through the floor at the
>moment.  I wonder what's on the horizon.

Here's something interesting.
http://www.x-net.com.tw/product.asp?p_no=B3&i_no=B300001

I found this when I was looking for a small switch.  This could be an even
simpler/cost effective solution for a CxNode - one radio as an AP for public
connection + one for the uphaul link to the backbone. The web page is a bit
brief but they do state it is an "open source wireless router running on
Linux". The device has two mini-PCI slots, which could have any radio
combination and a 4/5 port switch.

This link is for a pdf of a powerpoint when they released the device in
April this year. There is a couple of photos of the board  in the middle of
it, the rest is marketing bs.

http://www.x-net.com.tw/news/Mesh%20WirlessLAN%20MWI241%20series%20Product%20Introduction.pdf

Anyone heard of this manufacturer? It doesn't look like they have an Aus
distributor (not as far as google knows).