[MLB-WIRELESS] Revisiting OSPF

Tony Langdon (ATC) tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Tue Dec 14 12:54:20 EST 2004

> Fantastic post Dan
> How would the "Dan Model" cope with users who took their laptops from
> one area to another or is this just not feasible?

Well, the way I see it, the laptop would probably not be a routing node.  If
it's that mobile as far as moving around the network goes, it would be
easiest for it to be an end user node, unless we went to some intelligent
mesh routing protocol, designed to cope with routing nodes wandering all
over the network.  I know my game plan is to have any routing done by the
system at home.  Laptops will just be plain old "client nodes" that I can
associate with whatever AP is convenient. :)

I'm not up with BGP, but Dan's post makes sense to me, and raises some good
arguments against OSPF.