[MLB-WIRELESS] Highly Directional Antennas?

Bryce W bryce at brycesworld.com.au
Sat Dec 11 23:01:35 EST 2004

I have been looking into a way to build a highly directional Antenna for use of pinpointing where AP's are. Accurate enough so that I can confirm that the AP belongs to a certain house rather than 1 of 3 neighbouring houses. I can use my Omni to find the general area, just need something to pinpoint.

I have built a few antennas in the past using asian cookware and wireless USB dongles which worked very well but the signal is too wide. I considerd building a cantenna however with some basic tests I found that the signal tends to rebound (i was getting better signals bouncing it off objects rather than pointing it in the direction the AP is in which was through walls).

Can anyone suggest a way to build a highly directional antenna?

                                            - Bryce