[MLB-WIRELESS] Wireless issues and low voltage down lights with electronic psu.

vak vak at alphalink.com.au
Tue Dec 7 23:20:07 EST 2004

Hi All,

Most electronic downlight transformers are switchmode - you might have a
dud one that's coupling lots of high frequency switching noise back onto
the mains... Do you get any interference coming through on a mains
powered AM/FM radio ? (try both bands) - That's assuming the lighting
circuit and power circuit are close to each other.

This might affect the AP if it has an old style wirewound transformer
the noise is getting into the AP.

A few things to try:

a) Try plugging the AP into a power point far from the downlights
b) If the AP is close to the transformers, move it
c) Try coiling the DC input to the AP around a ferrite.

Cheers,

Vaskos