[MLB-WIRELESS] OEM 802.11 modules

Rowan Crowe rowan at sensation.net.au
Sat Aug 28 01:18:03 EST 2004

Do any 802.11 (b, g, whatever) modules with an interface besides PCMCIA or
PCI exist? I'm interested in interfacing a microcontroller directly with
such a module...  sort of like a 2004 version of the embedded ethernet
craze of a few years ago.

Alternatively, is there a way to interface to a PCMCIA card without too
much extra circuitry required?

Basically I want to be able to send and receive 802.11 packets without
needing an entire computer (embedded or otherwise) to do it. :)

Cheers.