[MLB-WIRELESS] network webcam and HVC update

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 27 08:53:54 EST 2004

Hi Tim,

I'm not from the Fitzroy area. :)  But I've been playing with the
various firmwares for the WRT54G.  I'm a recent convert to OpenWRT
(http://openwrt.org).  It is a true Linux distro for the WRT54G and
unlike the Linksys or other third-party firmwares out there, it formats
part of the flash memory as a read/write partition, making it much more
flexible.  It has package management and Quagga/OSPF is one of the
packages.  I'm currently experimenting with it on a WRT54GS - I think it
has great potential.  It has a few minor bugs to do with installing
packages, but other than that it seems quite stable.  All it needs is
someone with more Iptables experience than me. :) I have next to none,
but I'm learning.

OpenWRT are also sticklers for complying with the GPL, unlike Sveasoft,
who treat the GPL as something that inconveniences their business model.

Cheers,

Dan