[MLB-WIRELESS] GPS Receivers

Devon Starbuck dstarbuck at optushome.com.au
Mon Sep 1 21:11:26 EST 2003

I purchased a Magellan Platinum recently for AUS$799 in Melbourne. It
was imported by an unauthorised dealer!

If I had of done this myself I could have done it for under $550 inc all
taxes and transport.

As a knowledgeable GPS dude, I highly recommend the Magellan Gold. It
lacks the magnetic compass, barometer, and thermometer, but it's
substantially cheaper.

It is NMEA compatible (3 Versions), it takes an SD card and I could help
with the AUS LAND Basemap and AUS MARINE base map however required.

I am also able to demonstrate the Discover Australia Streets and Tracks
as I have purchased a copy, fully compatible with the above.

It takes SD cards for region uploads and is an excellent unit.

I am not disappointed.

Feel free to negotiate deals via the web, you will prolly do better than
myself.

DO NOT BY A GARMIN PRODUCT!!!! IT HAS MAJOR INCOMPATIBILITY PROBLEMS
WITH STANDARD MAPPING SOFTWARE AVAILABLE IN THIS COUNTRY AND NMEA.

I will help with softwarz

Regards

Devon